The Masters Hotel

Home of the Ingalls Family 1876 - 1877

Note

Last day of the season is

October 15

Open again May 1, 2017


In 1876, when Laura was nine years old, the Ingalls family left Walnut Grove, Minnesota, after suffering through two years of grasshopper plagues. They traveled to Burr Oak, Iowa, to help manage the Masters Hotel, owned by their friend, William Steadman, also from Walnut Grove. Burr Oak is often referred to as “The Missing Link” in the Little House book series.

The Masters Hotel is the only childhood home of Laura Ingalls Wilder that remains on its original site. It is registered on the National Register of Historical Places.

In the News

Attention 9-11 year olds:  2017 Little Miss Laura

and Young Almanzo

applications now available



Laura Ingalls Wilder Park and Museum

Visit Us

Laura Ingalls Wilder Park & Museum

3603 236th Ave.

Burr Oak, Iowa 52101

Phone: 563-735-5916

museum@lauraingallswilder.us